Smoothies are the breakfast of champions. At least around here, where throwing a bunch of ingredients together in one container to make breakfast for 3 kids and 1 parent is like manna from heaven. We change this up a lot, but here’s the base for a quick and easy smoothie, loaded with yummy organic goodness:
- 1 whole banana
- 10 frozen strawberries
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or local honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 cups of Almond milk
Add all ingredients to blender (I have a Vitamix, and I blend on setting #4) and blend until smooth.
To change it up:
- Instead of strawberries, add 1/4 cup of peanut butter and 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder to make a chocolate strawberry smoothie
- Instead of strawberries, add 1/2 cup pumpkin and 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Instead of almond milk, use juice and add your favorite fresh fruit (like pineapple, mangos, or blueberries)
We opt for chocolate/peanut butter smoothies after dinner for a healthy dessert, and we loooove a pumpkin smoothie in the fall. What are your favorite smoothie add-ins? I’m always eager for more breakfast ideas!